Professional Dental Hygienist Services at Harvest Hills Dental Care
Dental hygienists work directly with dentists to provide quality care for patients. They are one of the first people you see when seated in the dentist’s chair. At Harvest Hills Dental Care, our team works with patients to ensure they are comfortable during their treatment to build a higher level of trust and respect. East Gwillimbury, Ontario, patients visiting our practice will have many services provided by our hygienist team.
What Are Some Services Provided by a Dental Hygienist?
- Prophylaxis (teeth cleaning) – This procedure helps remove tartar (hardened plaque) and stains from teeth. It is essential to have this done regularly in order to maintain oral health and wellness.
- Plaque removal – Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that constantly forms on teeth. If it is not removed, it can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Fluoridated treatments – Fluoride is a mineral that helps prevent tooth decay. It can be applied as a gel, varnish, or foam.
- Dental sealants – Sealants are a type of protective coating applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth. This helps prevent cavities from forming in these areas.
- X-rays – Dental X-rays detect problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, and tumours. Patients will have X-rays completed at their first appointment with our team and as needed after that.
- Oral cancer screenings – Oral cancer screenings detect early signs of cancer.
- Patient education – Last but not least, our providers will educate patients on how to care for their smiles with tips on brushing, flossing, mouthwashes, and other methods of keeping the teeth and gums clean and healthy!
Request an Appointment
Call Harvest Hills Dental Care of East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Today!
If you are due for a cleaning and evaluation, we welcome you to visit our practice to learn more about the dental services provided by our team, including our dental hygienists! We are open to new patients and families in our practice at 181 Green Lane East, Suite #2, and can be reached by phone for an appointment at (365) 659-1008.
Share this Article:
Back to Dental Hygiene Page