Why should I choose white fillings for teeth with cavities?
Cavities are areas of decay that have developed on the teeth and are typically the cause of poor oral health habits. But once they develop, it doesn’t mean that your oral health is ruined forever! With dental fillings, patients with cavities can seal the tooth and restore it to its original function.
Many dentists in East Gwillimbury, Ontario, still use materials such as silver amalgam in their fillings. These fillings have been proven to be harmful to the body due to their high mercury content. They are also easy to spot in the smile and can expand and contract with temperature changes, leaving a tooth vulnerable to bacteria entering inside and causing a serious infection. Instead, the dentists at Harvest Hills Dental Care in East Gwillimbury encourage patients to consider tooth-colored or white cavity fillings for teeth.
What are white fillings?
White fillings are actually achieved with the use of composite resin. This material is chosen for several reasons. Below are a few of the advantages of using white dental fillings for the treatment of cavities:
- Composite resin is a material that is biocompatible with the body, unlike silver amalgam fillings.
- Composite resin fillings do not change in shape or size due to contraction or expansion as silver amalgam fillings can.
- Composite resin blends in with the tooth for discreet treatment of tooth decay.
- Composite resin fillings last many years with proper care.
- Composite resin fillings are applied in a single appointment for fast treatment of cavities.
Request an Appointment
When you speak with our dentists at Harvest Hills Dental Care, you can learn more about this and other materials used in our dental practice to restore the smile. We always want to ensure that our tools and techniques are safe and appropriate for your dental health.
Are you interested in white fillings for cavities?
If you have been diagnosed with cavities and are considering treatment with composite resin fillings, contact Harvest Hills Dental Care of East Gwillimbury, ON, today. The office is located at 181 Green Lane E #2 and can be reached by calling (365) 659-1008 and making an appointment.
Share this Article:
Back to White Fillings Page