Affordable children’s teeth cleaning in East Gwillimbury: Healthy Smiles Ontario program
Regular dental care is an essential part of growing up. Children’s teeth and gums are susceptible to disease just like adults, and developmental issues with your child’s teeth and jaws can arise as they get older. However, the costs of dental care can be a complicating factor for many families. If you have been searching for “affordable children’s teeth cleaning near me,” the team at Harvest Hills Dental Care in East Gwillimbury, Ontario, is here to help! With the Healthy Smiles Ontario program, we are able to provide preventive and general care services to qualified children, all at no cost to your family.
About the Healthy Smiles Ontario program
The Healthy Smiles Ontario program is a government-funded program created to provide a variety of free dental services to children ages 17 and under from low-income households. The program covers preventive and emergency dental services, including:
- Regular cleanings and tooth scaling, which help prevent issues such as cavities and gum disease from developing.
- Check-ups to help identify any developmental or oral health issues at the earliest stage possible.
- X-rays to view the portions of your child’s oral structures that are invisible to the naked eye.
- Fillings if your child develops cavities.
- Dental extractions when they are necessary for your child’s tooth development or oral health.
- Emergency care, such as treatment for tooth pain that your child may be experiencing.
Orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry (such as teeth whitening) services are not covered by Healthy Smiles Ontario.
Enrolling in Healthy Smiles Ontario
Children are automatically enrolled if receiving any of the following:
- Temporary Care Assistance
- Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities
- Ontario Disability Support
- Ontario Works
Request an Appointment
Other families are eligible to apply if they have children aged 17 years and under, reside in Ontario, have no access to other dental coverage, and fit within the program’s income requirements. You can enroll by mail or online through the Healthy Smiles Ontario website. Once your child is enrolled, you will receive a card to bring to your child’s dental appointments.
Your child’s oral health is vitally important to us. We are always welcoming new patients, and we look forward to serving your child’s oral health needs! To schedule a cleaning and check-up, call (365) 659-1008.
Share this Article:
Back to Healthy Smiles Program Page