Pediatric dental services for children keep kids smiling in East Gwillimbury
When it comes to your child’s dental care, it is important to work with a pediatric dentist that you can trust to take great care of your child’s smile and help them develop a positive attitude towards dental care. At Harvest Hills Dental Care in East Gwillimbury, ON, we love providing dental services for our youngest patients to help lay the foundation for a lifetime of healthy smiles!
Comprehensive dental care for children
In addition to getting routine check-ups and cleanings, kids have special dental needs beyond standard adult care due to the fact that their teeth and other oral structures are still developing. At Harvest Hills Dental Care, we provide a comprehensive array of dental services to ensure that your child’s teeth, gums, jaw, and other oral development are progressing as expected and to keep your child’s smile pain- and disease-free. This includes:
- First dental visits: Even though infants have very few teeth, we encourage parents to bring their child in for their first dental visit after the first tooth erupts or by the age of two. We can help get your child comfortable with being in the dental office and begin establishing a relationship with them. We also perform a baseline examination so we can better monitor their oral health as they grow.
- Education for parents and kids: We are here to support both parents and kids in helping maintain healthy smiles. From answering your questions about taking care of your baby’s gums to helping older kids understand the importance of good hygiene and how to take care of their teeth and gums properly, we make learning about oral health fun and engaging.
- Gentle cleanings and exams: With regular professional cleanings and exams, we can help keep your child’s teeth and gums free from disease-causing plaque, bacteria, and tartar and also detect any potential issues at an early stage before they become painful and difficult to treat.
- Sports mouthguards: Protecting your child’s smile with a mouthguard is essential while they are playing sports. We provide custom-made mouthguards that are comfortable and effective.
- Preventative sealants: Dental sealants are a clear, pain-free coating that we place on children’s teeth to prevent food, bacteria, and plaque from settling deep into the nooks and crannies in teeth, stopping decay before it starts.
To schedule your child’s dental appointment at Harvest Hills Dental Care, call our East Gwillimbury office today at (365) 659-1008!
Share this Article:
Back to Childrens Dentistry Page